Friday, October 9, 2009

Invisible Children. Can You Hear Me Now?



We pride ourselves on knowing and understanding just about everything that is going on in the world, but actually the world has a very small understanding, knowledge, and we have not discussed the issue at hand with "The Invisible Children". What is surprising is that this problem has been going on for many, many years. Honestly, this whole situation is very scary and unbelievable to think about. Once, you have seen what these young children go through day by day you will have a completely different perspective of life itself.

Joseph Koney is the main leader of the LRA (Lord's Resistance Army). This group was formed in 1987, and is engaged in an armed rebellion against the Ugandan government. Joseph Koney takes his troops out at night and kidnaps young children. It is kind of strange how Koney's army is mostly made up of children from the ages of five to fourteen, but he also has children and teenagers older and much younger. These young children and teenagers are put through the worst circumstances you could ever dream of. Our nightmare is their reality and what they go through every single day in order to survive.

To raise awareness three men by the names of Laren Poole, JasonRussell, and Bobby Bailey, got their family and themselves to raise enough money to take a plan and go to Uganda. There they made a video and became interested with this issue. By doing so, they sat down and talked with a young boy by the name of Jacob. Laren, Jason, and Bobby followed around Jacob asked him his story. Jacob was in the LRA, but one day escaped. He now is living as a regular boy in Uganda. Still, Jacob and others who live in Uganda still are frightened and horrified when they sleep at night. Knowing about this personally makes me disgusted and I want to do more. Sometimes I ask myself how I can and what I can do to make a difference.

Even though this very subject that I’m touching on is frightening and disgusting to me I still really want to learn more about the cause and encourage others to get involved with this program. It can be a really enjoyable and moving experience and that is why I love to try and help with anything I can with this program.

Learning more about this has really opened my eyes to a new world. I have a new perspective on life itself and now I really do appreciate what I have, and I now understand how lucky I truly am.







No comments:

Post a Comment